ScenarioManager is not accepting new scenarios

I was creating new scenarios and those were not reflected on the ScenarioManager, I have listed all the OOTB scenearios, but not my custom ones.

I found this Warning on the Logs:

/atg/scenario/ScenarioManager   Unable to declare this instance as the default ProcessEditorServer. Another instance has already been run against this schema, and has declared itself as the default ProcessEditorServer. This instance will be started as an individual server. To declare this instance as the ProcessEditorServer, either configure the /atg/scenario/scenarioManager.xml file, or remove the applicable row from the dss_server_id table. The first option is the recommended one, since it will prohibit this problem from occurring in the future. Turn on debug logging for this component to see further details (server restart may be required).

So I turned on logging debug on Scneario Manager, and found that all my custom Scmearios were not considered at all.

The problem was that the table dss_server_id was having a record for another computer (an other VM) I just updated this to use the actual name for the processEditor Server and that fixed the problem.

This is a common problem that you could face if you get a database dump from other computer.

Comments